Strategic Advisory Services
Houston Solutions has provided Strategic Advisory Services to assist over 120 Start-up Businesses, SMEs & Corporates operating in a range of diverse market sectors to deliver their plans for success.
We work directly with clients or through Invest NI Programmes and one of the many Local Council Economic Development Programmes.
Houston Solutions Offering:
Through his delivery of Strategic Advisory Services, Kevin Houston OBE has delivered:
- Significant growth in revenues, profitability & employee numbers in start-up & problem organisations
- Project – deal advocacy, management & support
- Major change initiatives on behalf of clients, including transition of processes inter-country & continent
- Best in class people initiatives. Kevin has directly managed over 2,000 people, won the prestigious European Contact Centre of the Year Award in 2 consecutive years & delivered Investor in People Accreditation in several organisations
- Fellowship & Chartered Director accreditation by the Institute of Directors
- Personal recognition through the award of an OBE in 2010 for Services to Business
Brexit Advisory Services
Brexit is transforming the landscape for businesses across the UK, Ireland and beyond.
It demonstrates the interdependent and complex sets of relationships that businesses must navigate whether these be political, legal, economic or sector specific.
For organisations of any size in Northern Ireland, preparing to be ‘Brexit-ready’ is a daunting prospect, given the sheer volume of considerations to discuss and implement right across every facet of their business.
However, it is incumbent upon all business leaders to begin readying their organisations to remain competitive and seize opportunities, regardless of the uncertainty and consequences that Brexit presents.
With the potential to be a drawn-out, complex exercise, businesses are advised put in place the appropriate level of strategic knowledge and expertise to guide them through this process – be that appointing a ‘Brexit Non-Executive Director’ for a fixed term to steer the Board through the process, or bringing in an expert external consultant to work directly with your senior-level executives.
Conor has acted as an ‘advisor to the advisors’ over the past two years in respect of Brexit. His vast and unparalleled experience in this area is outlined in the bio below.
He is already providing high-level strategic advice to businesses, organisations and key influencers across the UK and Ireland, including a major global consulting firm in London.
Conor is offering his services as a Brexit Non-Executive Director. This role will include:
- providing a leadership and guiding role in developing and executing a Brexit Strategy for your business
- co-ordinating across departments and key stakeholders (both external and internal)
- utilsiing his extensive reputable network to provide solutions as required (legal, economic, corporate communications, etc)
- providing holistic advice & analysis, assessment of impact as issues arise in the Brexit process and producing internal reports as required (such as mapping potential opportunities)
These services would be provided in Conor’s capacity as a ‘Brexit Non-Executive Director’ to your company. This would be on the basis of a 12 month appointment.
This is a time for trusted advice. With the background, contacts and experience of Conor you will develop a Brexit Strategy based on principles of interdependence, long-term strategic thinking and profound collaboration.
We trust you will consider the opportunity to engage Conor Houston as your Brexit Non-Executive Director and we would be delighted to meet with you to discuss this further.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org | +447930967694
Future Leader Development
Our Director Conor Houston has extensive strategic experience in creating, managing and scaling young leader programmes and networks.
He can provide strategic services to include:
- Creating, developing and managing many young leader organisations and events
- Developing high level programmes for future leader development
- Connecting to dozens of young leader/ youth organisations across UK/ Ireland and internationally
- Inspirational & Motivational speaker
- Delivery of bespoke workshop: Connected Citizens – example at https://youtu.be/OfHySrEuzDo
Leadership Development Experience
- Chair of NI Young Solicitors Association (2008-10) representing 1200 young lawyer across NI. Whilst Chair was co-Founder of Young Leaders NI – an umbrella group of young lawyers, accountants and entrepreneurs
- Board Member of European Young Bar Association (2009-11) – strategic role representing over 250,000 young lawyers across Europe
- Founder and Steering Team member of Young Influencers (2014-17) – a network of 1500 change agents from across NI committed to our Vision 2030 – that by 2030 “NI will be one of the greatest places in the world to live, work create & Visit”
- UK National Leader to the Ship for World Young Leaders hosted by Government of Japan (2015) – lead delegation of 10 young leaders from across the UK on a leadership and cultural exchange programme with 200 young leaders from across the world. Included meetings with Japanese Prime Minister and Crown Prince
- Inaugural Chairman Ireland Fund Young Leaders Belfast (2016-to date) – a Network of the most dynamic and successful young leaders in Belfast connected to a global network across 23 cities
- Founder and Curator of the “Islands of Innovation: the Summit for British & Irish Young Leaders” – conference with 120 young leaders across these islands from 17 different young leader networks held inaugural event in September 2017
- Founder of the Irish International Immigrant Centre J1 Alumni Network launched with the Irish Ambassador to US Dan Mulhall at the Department of Foreign Affairs in Dublin (December 2017)
- Head of Engagement for Digital DNA – the largest tech event in Northern Ireland. Developing their ‘Creative Quarter’ initiative which is about empowering young people with the potential of the tech and digital sectors – delivered major programme as part of Other Voices Belfast 2017 (involving over 20 community and youth organisations). See video at https://app.frame.io/r/IRYnYjam
- Speaker and One Young World Ambassador – represented Northern Ireland at OWY Bogota 2017, sharing a stage with President Santos of Colombia and Kofi Annan https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLp7iueYZU6DyB9R3Yh_8YBhWxUhgeiltY&index=33&v=oRqQU9UtTUk